CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Review: LA Colors makeup

Finally! I've been saying I would do this review since Christmas! Here it is ladies!




LA COLORS SIX COLOR EYESHADOW




MANUFACTURER'S DESCRIPTION:




Silky smooth eyeshadow glides on evenly for a beautiful look. Use shades individually or combine colors for a more dramatic look.

PRICE:

I paid $1 dollar because i got it at Dollar Tree bur I've seen these range from $3-$5 online


PROS:

cheaply priced
well pigmented
good color selection(six different palettes are available)


CONS:
some shades in the palette are powdery
not easy to find



(in Precious, Eye Candy, and Hipnotic)


(first row Hipnotic, second row Precious, third row Eye Candy)


(Dreamy)


WHAT I HAVE TO SAY:
I absolutely love these palettes! I have one more that is not pictured here,Cafe Au Lait,that is a palette of gorgeous neutrals (click here to see).Hipnotic one of my favs when I'm doing a punky smokey eye.Precious is a great fall palette,and Eye Candy is perfect for fun,flirty summer looks.
Now I will say the the Dreamy I bought was the least pigmented,a bit hard and kind of powdery.BUT when i purchased the same set for my Mom her set was smooth ad pigmented so, i think the one i got might have been defected. The Cafe Au Lait palette I've been using everyday I love doing a neutral look with a dramatic cat-eye winged liner.For a dollar i most definitely think you get more than you pay for with these palettes.My only complaint was that the lighter color are a bit powdery,but i use them for highlighting my brow bone,since i don't like too shimmery highlight for daytime looks.There is also a palette with purple shades,but i have not purchased it yet ;P



LA COLORS 5 COLORS METALLIC EYESHADOW PALETTE




(Wine and Roses)


MANUFACTURER'S DESCRIPTION:

L.A. COLORS 5 color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette enhances eyes with NEW BRIGHT, BOLD shades!

Magnificent metallic eyeshadows offers:

* Long lasting wear

* Silky Smooth Application

* Intense colors

* Dual Tip applicator included


PRICE:

I paid $1.50 for this at Family Dollar,it is also available at cherryculture.com for $3.oo


PROS:

cheaply priced

easier to find than the six color palettes

much smoother application than the six color palettes

HUGE color selection(available in 12 different palettes)

i actually like the sponge tip applicator!

VERY PIGMENTED!


CONS:

none so far!

WHAT I HAVE TO SAY:

These palettes are slightly higher quality the the six color palettes and have much more shimmer.I wish i they had all of the color selection at the store, but they only had this palette.I really like the first three colors for a dramatic night look and the other two are good for a purple look.










LA COLORS MOISTURE LIPSTICK


MANUFACTURER'S DESCRIPTION:

Moisturize your lips with Color. These lipsticks are enriched with Vitamin E & Aloe Vera.


PRICE:
$1


PROS:
cheaply priced

smells YUMMY!!


CONS:

Not as creamy as i would have liked




WHAT I HAVE TO SAY:


I bought this in the shade Satin.Its a shimmery,peach-y nude.Like i said,it's not as creamy as i would like,but for 1 buck I can't expect perfection.



I think its pretty clear that l love LA COLORS cosmetics.Super affordable and pretty good quality.

I'm really glad to be back to blogging,to be honest with you girls i stopped blogging for two reasons.1) I was in a funk,you kno what i mean ladies blah mood,in pajamas all day,looking terrible! and 2) I am not a good writer and i wasn't confident in my blog postings,BUT the Lovely author of Little Thoughts and Lovely Things encouraged,and inspired me so thanx hun!

I'll be getting the rest of the reviews i promised soon!

♥ Adriana

4 comments:

Iyah Love said...

those are nice eyeshadows for the price :)

nackybeauty said...

yayy welcome back!! :D oHHh i should try looking for some LA colors cosmetics at the dollar store! :b thanks for this post it was a useful review :D

LipStick Staiin said...

nice swatches! i love the purple n pinksssss.. lip color is nice tooo! xoxo

-jeSMakeup

Bijin Blair said...

Ahhh... I ordered one of the LA palettes yesterday for $4? After reading your rave reviews, I can't wait to play with it when it arrives!!