CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Journey Through Makeup

My makeup obsession started at age twelve. I remember like it was yesterday.For Christmas my aunt gave me a makeup bag full of Clinique, Lancome, and Estee Lauder makeup,and a sewing machine. I literally tossed the sewing machine into a corner and searched through the makeup and excitedly seared through the makeup bag it was love at first sight.




At twelve my makeup regime consisted of frost silver eyeshadow and super glossy nude pale pink lips.It was 2002 and i swore i looked like J.Lo! lol!









By thirteen my everyday look was a lilac eyeshadow by clinique called sugarberry (or something like that)lip liner and sheer gloss.I was obsessed with makeup in a bad way and i couldn't go a day without it.The worst punishment for me then was when my mom would take away my makeup bag,since this happened often a secret stash of makeup so i could still wear it!thankfully i cam to my senses and realized i could go a day without makeup and still survive, but it would be a while before i realized that it didn't define me.




At fourteen i started using products other than the ones that came in that first bag form my aunt.I experimented with different colored eyeshadows,eyeliners,lipliners,blushes,everything!!Until on day when i was 15 and a so-called "friend" told me she thought I did my makeup tacky.Since i was still defined by my makeup,I cried. She taught me "the right way" to wear makeup,her way,which frankly was quite boring.Neutral shadow and liner on the waterline,I have small almost Asian eyes and lining my eyes this way made me look terrible,but i did my eyes like this daily and threw out all my colored makeup.



Photobucket
When I turned 16 i went through this horrible wannabe punk heavy eyeliner stage.until on day I realized it just wasn't me.I had let others influence me and makeup define me for so long i didn't know who i was or what i liked.It was as if i had lost my personality.I decided to not be so focused on my looks.i wore minimal makeup and started to concentrate on other things.
One day while researching online for a school project i randomly cam across a makeup tutorial by Panacea81. I was intrigued. Although i had always loved makeup i must admit I didn't really have great technique.I watched the videos daily,but i didn't try the looks on myself to afraid that i might look "tacky''. I could just hear that old "friend's'' voice in the back of my mind.But on day i was feeling bored and i decided to try her Panacea81's technique's on myself and a love was reborn.


When I turned seventeen,i was no longer depending on everyonelse's opinion of me.i became my own person and developed my own style.I realized that it was ok to like makeup,and it didn't have to make me who i am,and there is nothing wrong with having a healthy obsession with makeup!

So this is mt beauty blog a place where I'll share my passion for all thing beauty with you,along with the happening of my daily life.Hope you enjoy!

-Adriana
PS I'm still figuring out how to work this blog,so any helpful hints and suggestions would be appreciated,especially if someone could tell me where i can find a decent template!!

1 comments:

Iyah Love said...

aw! Great story! I love it! :) I was a late bloomer. I only started loving make up last March 2008. Lol! :p